Thursday, April 8, 2010

Let's Play Catch Up!

Wow….it really has been a long time since I updated this blog! Things have been crazy busy, and I have been trying to keep up!

Ok, so the last time I blogged I was talking about the Polar Bear Plunge. Well, we did it, and it was a BEAUTIFUL day!! The temperature on the beach was about 55-60 degrees, but the announcer kept saying that the temperature of the water was 38 degrees! Brrrrr!

A bunch of us met at my house, and headed down for an early breakfast and to snag a good parking spot. Down there we met up with my brother and Maureen, and my dog-phew, Tucker. After, a good breakfast we headed off to register, and start to "warm-up" to jump into the frigid Atlantic! The event took place at Seaside Heights, and it was PACKED. The best part was that as we were walking around we kept hearing our team's name, CAT Crew, being recognized! What fun!

I was so lucky to have two of my best friends there to support the cause. Sarah and Jen are sisters from my sorority, Sigma Sigma Sigma (so get used to seeing them :) )




Plunge time was at 1:00 pm, and after the National Anthem was sang, we jumped right in!! Then it was over! Just like that! It was quite the expereince, and I can't wait to do it again next year. To date, the CAT crew has raised almost $38,000!! Incredible!


Here are some pictures from the day:


Brian and Maureen



Chris and Kelli





Crowd Shot!




CAT CREW 2010




Siblings




Colin and Me






Jason and Me



The things we do for the love of a little boy :)




Whew! That's all I have for now!! Maybe more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment